Friday, September 2, 2011

ReBeginning.

Two days ago I had a bit of a shocking moment. After dinner every night we put away the leftovers and mark what the food is and the date. I went to write the date and said out loud, "It's the 27th, right?" My staff members quickly corrected me and told me it was the 31st. The 31st of August! 

A month has gone by. September is here. Training has come and gone. Our new students have arrived and settled in and our returning students followed soon after. Now we're finding our rhythm for life in the dorm. Another year has started. 

It's been interesting being back for a third year. They say that it takes a whole year to really feel settled in a new place. The first year I was learning all about this new culture, both German and BFA. I learned so much about humility and releasing control, trusting others to advise and guide me. The second year I was relieved to understand where I was and what I was doing. While I didn't think everything was perfect, it was comforting just understand what was going on and what would happen next. So what will year three be marked by? I'm not sure yet. It's good to be back. I love this dorm. I love my little village. I love the heart and passion of the people in the BFA community to love and serve God and one another well. But this year feels different already, as it should. God's doing something, time will tell how I will be changed by Him and His love this year. 

In very exciting news, because of your faithful support I am at 90% for the year! I am so thankful for all of you who have been praying and giving toward my year here. I even have a couple new monthly supporters! To reach 100% for the year all I need is around $160 a month or $1600 total. If you would like to give a one time gift or sign up to be a monthly supporter just let me know or visit Teach Beyond and put my name in the space for "specific missionary". 

Here are just a few pictures from my time back in the States this summer. It was good to be back and catch up with so many of you. I've known your love and support through so many ways. I am so blessed when you use your gifts and talents to support and provide for my needs. Thank you so much for continuing to care for me. 

Our one day as a whole family in Michigan. 

 

Happy 60th Dad! Celebrating with the "best" cherry pie in Michigan. It was pretty amazing.


Britt and Val, two friends from Moody, came to visit for a couple of days. These are two amazing women who are passionate about knowing God. Spending time with them was so refreshing, even though it was during the hottest weather of the summer.


So, obviously, we swam everyday.


I also spent some precious time with my siblings, who I just can't seem to spend enough time with, and with my relatives in Texas, Iowa, and Minnesota. Being over here might be a little easier if my family wasn't so wonderful. 

That's it for now. Look for another post soon with pictures of life here! We have 7 new girls and they are all incredible. Really. Add them to our 7 returners, who are amazing, and it looks like it will be a great year!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment