Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mark the Calender.

Two weeks from today I fly back to the States. Unbelievable.

Right now I could use a pause button on life. Or at least a slow motion button. Things are crazy here. I just got back from soccer tournament which was fun but now I feel about a week behind on everything. It's time to pack up. Start writing goodbye notes. Try to have those last conversations and say things I should have said long ago. The dorm needs a good, deep clean. The girls are preparing for final exams. My entire apartment needs to be sorted, cleaned, and packed. My "to do" list is continually growing with little details I can't forget while very few items are getting check off. But as important as all these things I need to do are, I just want to be with my girls. I want to sit and laugh and go on walks and just enjoy these moments together. Where is the balance? How do I get everything done, spend time with these girls, and not go crazy? I have no idea.

*Deep breath*

So, that's where I am. I know everything will get done, one way or another, (probably with a lot of coffee) and in two weeks I can take a deep breath and ween myself off caffeine.

What I really wanted to talk about in this post is Sunday, June 12th. I mentioned in my last post that both Amy Cherry and I would be speaking in the combined ABF about life here. I also want to let you know that that evening I am hosting a little get together for anyone who would like to hear more about what I'm doing here and just catch up on life. I'll be in the States for 6 weeks this summer but I'll be doing quite a bit of traveling and want to make the most of the time I have in the Bluffton area to see people. Please put this on your calender and come by my parents' house sometime between 6 and 8 pm. Come and go as you please, and enjoy a little something sweet. If you need directions or an address, just let me know.

In random news, my dorm got our dorm clothing for the year. Here is a picture of us all with our new sweatpants. I think we look pretty good.


I'm getting excited to come back and see everyone again. I hope your day is wonderful.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment